Monday, May 21

A trifecta of bits of movies

I had thought that I would be in bed by now, but my goodness, I am so easily distracted. By a farm, no less. Ridiculous.
I had an odd day of visual entertainment today. I chose to watch the final 35 minutes or so of about four movies that I had never seen. Moby Dick, with William Hurt and Ethan Hawke; The Reef, an Australian horror movie about sharks; The Hours, which I actually have seen but forgot; and one other that, for the life of me, I can't remember.
So, if I've seen the last 35 to 45 minutes of a movie, does it count as "watching a movie"? If I know the resolution, and thereby can figure out what the problem and plot of the movie are, can I say that I've seen it? I would say no, even though technically, it could be yes. An eternal, internal entertainment-junkie, movie-lover conflict.

No comments: