Friday, May 4

A May ITEM! list

ITEM!: I think the problem is that I'm still getting super tired at night. But not tired enough to go to bed early. I'm in a weird little state of flux right now, with these four days between California and Arizona. It's like my head is refusing to let my body get used to Texas time again, since I'll be heading back to Pacific time on Sunday. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But Sydney is having a hard time, too, and that I don't like. As I told Mom, if Sydney gets through these three weeks without catching a cold due to lack of sleep or doing too much, I'll be surprised. She's good as of now, so I'm still holding out hope.
ITEM!: Also, I'm obsessing over my farm again. I was up way too late last night "rearranging" my farm assets throughout the grounds. WHO DOES THIS? But whatever, I'm embracing it. I think this weekend, I'll be taking only the iPad with us to Arizona so I don't have to carry along my laptop, which will help with keeping up with the farm, and lessening the weight on my back throughout the trip.
ITEM!: I need to find some cheap long-term parking at the airport this morning. And this afternoon, Sydney and I are on task to find a travel bag for her car seat. Airlines don't charge for the car seats to travel, and Thrifty charges $12 a day to rent one. With my big strong man with me on this trip to carry it, just bringing her seat with us is a no-brainer. Done and done. But, I need a bag for it. And I think I'll wrap up the seat in Brian's car, as it's a less-expensive seat and I won't care as much if something happens to it.
ITEM!: I somehow managed to only be up two pounds when I weighed myself on Wednesday morning after my trip. I'm at the same time incredibly pleased that it's not more, and a bit disappointed that it's not the same. But what can I expect, I didn't pig out by any means, but I did ignore the calorie counter for about 10 days. That's not good for anyone. Especially my ass.
ITEM!: I need to pick up some house plant bug spray, too. One of the little guys I picked up at Lowe's had some bugs in it that I discovered Wednesday. And of course, I only had enough spray to administer death liquid to the little fuckers once, when I prefer to spray a couple times. One plant has been outside for a couple days. I need to spray it and get it back inside this morning, else it will be very unhappy. Also, I'll bring my flower box inside this week so it'll stay cool and hydrated, and the watering will last all week.
ITEM!: I'm reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I've got to tell you: this book is written horribly. [Pause while Editor adjusts her pretentious, judgment cap.] You can tell, by the sentence structure, and the dialog (ugh, the dialog), and the movement within the characters, and the thesaurus words, that this woman has had little, if any, real instruction in writing. She's got these crazy words and awful scene movements, that just drive me batty. I'll be honest with you, I actually haven't touched the book since I set it down on my dresser Tuesday night. And for me, with a book that I'm reading, that's weird. I'm debating whether I'll take it to Arizona at all. (I'm leaning towards not.) I'm so glad I didn't buy all three (YES, THREE!!) of the series' books. I doubt I'll finish them. If I do, it'll be because I bought them on my iPad or on a Kindle (that I want really badly, thanks Mikel!), since I'd rather not have more trees killed for this woman's awful prose.
ITEM!: Brian's job changed his days off from Fridays to Thursdays. This bugs me on a purely selfish summer-movie level. We were just getting into the groove of summer movies, with The Avengers coming out today, and I was getting super excited about us being able to see everything on the Friday it came out into theaters. Now, we'll have to wait until the following Thursday to catch them (#firstworldproblems, ha ha!), and that makes me pissy. This week is different since we'll be able to ditch the kid with Brad and Lisa and go see the flick, but once we return to Texas, and the good stuff keeps coming out, I'll get more and more vocally irritated about this.
ITEM!: Is that it? Am I done for this morning? I think so! To the farm!!

No comments: