Sunday, May 20

Feeling better, and it feels so good

It's a bizarre phenomenon I witnessed today. You see, when Mom is feeling better, and has energy, and isn't a cranky bitch because of her cold, everyone is in a better mood! I swear, if you could compare the ambient attitude from yesterday, when I was still sick and tired and cleaning up dog puke, to today, when I was feeling much better, had a not-sick dog, and was able to conjure a smile, you'd be amazed. There was laughter. There was hijinks. There was amusement. There was patience and tolerance, too. It was crazy how the entire house's mood was lifted, just by my not being grumpy from sick.
So, we went to the Katy Mills Mall, which was a good walk in the air conditioning, as well as an excuse to buy a Wetzel's Pretzel (Sydney and Brian prefer salted; I like the cinnamon sugar). The mall includes a nice selection of outlet stores that I'll look forward to shopping in once Brian's office opens, and plenty of fun stuff for the kid, when I have the energy to really do the place right. Also, there's a Rainforest Cafe, which has become one of Sydney's favorite eating spots. We have promised her dinner there on her last day of school.
Besides that little trip, I was able to do some laundry; clean Sydney's room; load, unload and load the dishwasher; coddle Daisy into better health; and watch a few hours of Dawson's Creek on Netflix's Watch Instantly. Feeling better is a good thing.

No comments: