Thursday, April 5

Sunday plan: all chocolate, all day

ITEM!: It's weird to me to be plotting my Easter based on the calories. I know what I'll be able to eat, but what I want, is the cool stuff, like chocolate bunnies, green jello, Reese's snacks, and probably some Snickers. So, on Sunday, I'll probably say "fuck it" to the whole diet. The goal is to be good for every day up until then, so I won't be guilty of cheating or over-eating for any day other than a sugary holiday. ... I haven't bought any Peeps, though I do enjoy them.
ITEM!: You may or may not have noticed, but a couple books have ... appeared ... in my To-Be-Read Pile. I don't know where they came from, but the Book Fairy has pretty good taste. I've heard that this new Anne Rice brings to the mythology of werewolves what she brought to vampires. If this is true, I'll be incredibly pleased, and done reading in about a day. The second, well, it just looked intriguing. A nifty mystery. Well done, Book Fairy. Well done.
ITEM!: I think I'd like a couple flower boxes to hang off my balcony. The petunias that we had in Sydney's room grew bugs, so they are now outside. They'll probably do better out there anyway, but now I'm missing a plant in her room, and needing another in the office (elephant planter, you remember). I do love having greenery around my house.
ITEM!: There's no school tomorrow, so I get to sleep in. There's nothing better than explaining to the baby that, yes, morning is great, but tomorrow morning is special because we don't have to get up early to go to school. Mommy likes to sleep later, so you don't have to wake her up. "Let Mommy sleep, please." She says, "But I can still check on you? I can say 'good morning' to you and then go back to my room?" "Of course, baby." Looks like I'll be getting a 7 a.m. wake-up anyway.
ITEM!: I miss shopping. :)

No comments: