Sunday, April 1

Missin' me some Cali

April makes me happy this year. In about three weeks, Sydney and I will be heading to California after a six-month stretch away. I'm beyond giddy about getting there, and am deep into making plans, and I also know that it will take a very large hook, ladder and security person to get me back on the plane to Texas at the end of my trip. Having said that, when the joy of the California trip is over, we are going to Arizona for six days in early May. So actually, early- and mid-April are nothing but a means to an end for me: just days to get through before California and Arizona.
Also this month:
Easter next Sunday. I've decided that I'm going to make an Easter dinner, such that I would, with green jello, maybe some turkey and stuffing, and some mashed potatoes. Cherry pie for dessert. Sounds delicious! And I can't wait to get her Easter basket stuff!
Sydney has an appointment with her new dentist. We take good care of her teeth, so I'm not really worried about what shape they're in, but I always get nervous. I know that her oral hygiene reflects on me as a parent, and I'd just as soon not give someone the chance to judge me.
Oh yeah, and CALIFORNIA. Did I mention that?

No comments: