Friday, April 6

It's like I've got a target painted on me...

I wasn't going to blog tonight, but then I remembered:
FIRST, My daughter clocked me in the right eye this morning. Closed fist. Medium strength. I won't lie; it stunned me. I wasn't at all prepared for such an assault in the middle of a tickling match. I teared up like no one's business, and the kid, to her credit, was appalled that she hit me. You would think it might be a learning experience for her, but no, she was back to being reckless with her hands and feet a few hours later.
SECOND, I got assaulted by mosquitoes for no reason other than that I have blood, and was walking through the Lowe's Garden Center this afternoon. I got bit on the back on my left arm, and on the front of my left calf. But it was all because we were in search of the perfect balcony-hanging planter box and nice, full-sun-appreciating flowers.
THIRD, I had my "bad" lunch today, but then Brian went out and picked us up some delicious Chinese food for dinner, thereby turning my one "bad" meal day into a two "bad" meal day. Thereby killing the entire diet for the day. Ugh.
FOURTH, we watched Immortals. No, I was not expecting any kind of Oscar material in the movie, but still, it struck me as awkwardly done, and vaguely confusing. But, our movie trifecta for the weekend has begun.
FIFTH, we dyed our Easter eggs today. And whichever ones didn't crack in the hard-boiling process, were dropped and cracked within the dying process. We've got the saddest bowl of Easter eggs ever in our refrigerator. They're almost all cracked, though beautifully colored. They should look weird once I get those shells off of them.
SIXTH, I've been told that the eggs at school were too easy to find on Thursday, and that the Easter Bunny will probably make her eggs at home too easy to find, also. Hmmm.... a challenge!!

No comments: