Monday, April 9

I don't want to wait ...

I'm watching Jimmy Kimmel Live right now, and it's kinda painful. I tuned in tonight specifically to see the segment with James Van der Beek, who is on to promote his new television show, Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23. But I'm early, so I'm stuck watching the monologue. It's official, I actually can't stand any late-night host's monologue. Kimmel, who I typically enjoy in a comedic way, is hurting my ears and brain.
Why am I putting myself through this just for James Van der Beek? Because, for some reason, I'm crushing on Van der Beek's older self, when I had no interest in him at all in the Dawson's Creek years. (I was totes a Pacey girl!!) He's making fun of himself, and making fun of pop culture, and having fun doing it. There's nothing better than a celebrity making fun of their celebrity. That Van der Beek is playing himself as a douchey incarnation on this show is fantastic. Did you see his sketches on Funny or Die? They were great, and reportedly part of why he was approached for this show.
So, I'm sitting through Kimmel right now. Van der Beek is the second guest, too.
But actually, first is LL Cool J, which is AWESOME, because I've had a crush on him way longer than my new crush on Van der Beek. Two crushes for the price of 10 minutes of painful non-jokes? Oh, maybe.

No comments: