Monday, April 16

For the good of the chip, I suffer

I am crazy uncomfortable, and I'm totally embarrassed to tell you all why. But I will. Because, well, you know, that's the kind of thing I do here.
Anyway, the inside of my mouth is sore and uncomfortable. I feel like I bit into five or six really hot foodstuffs, and my mouth was burned by them. You know that feeling I'm talking about. Like I'm sunburned inside my mouth. The upper gums right inside my teeth are throbbing. The roof of my mouth is raw.
You want to know why? You know you do.
Because I used my lunch calories to eat as many Jalapeno Jack SunChips as I possibly could. And the crunchy little dears just ripped the hell out of my mouth. I was not expecting this kind of after-effect to eating a whole mess of chips. Indeed, I figured the only problem I'd be having about now was self-loathing. But instead, I can feel where each little chip jabbed me inside the mouth as I crunched down on it. It's like Revenge of the SunChips.
And the big question: Will this keep me from eating the other half of the bag (don't judge me) tomorrow? Your guess is as good as mine, but I think I'll try to soldier through it better. Can you not see me taking out the chips and breaking them into smaller pieces before I eat them? I certainly can! There's a very good reason why I've refused to buy these chips for several weeks. It's because I can't stop eating them once I start. And now they seem to be fighting me! And winning! They've made me suffer.

No comments: