Monday, April 23

But their smiles seemed kinda ... stiff

The last time I went to a Madame Toussaud's Wax Museum was in the summer of 1992. I went to the museum in London with Julia after our first year at college. So, when the opportunity to visit the museum in Hollywood presented itself, I jumped at it. Today's opportunity: and early celebration of Lisa's birthday, and I was in charge of created the agenda. Mom and I had already decided on the venue for lunch, but when the morning opened up for us, I thought a visit to the wax museum would be fun.
And indeed, it was. I don't remember being able to get as close to the wax figures as we were able to today. I was able to stand right next to Captain Jack Sparrow, and Conan O'Brien, and Audrey Hepburn. We actually had a total blast. Sydney was into it and posing like a champ. Mom and Lisa were awesome. I, of course, am a ham, so I loved it, too.
Also, we walked around Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the footprints. And Sydney got her picture taken with Spiderman, and we saw an awesome view of the Hollywood sign.
Weirdest fun fact about today: I don't remember ever having done that before. I was a tourist in Hollywood this morning.

No comments: