Thursday, April 19

Aunt Bette = AWESOME

I started this post about three times. Each beginning with a quippy little statement about family, and family members, specifically. My intention was to bring you to the conclusion that it's weird how there are some family members that you don't really like, and some family members that become the lifelong friends that you can't love enough.
One of the things I love the most about my family is how very extended it is. I love that I know my "great" family members, while so many people don't dig that deep into their living family tree.
This post is dedicated to dear Aunt Bette. She was one of those relatives, as I mentioned, that, to me, was a lifelong friend. I'd go into the different angles of our relativity, but suffice it to say that she was the coolest and best great-great-aunt in the whole wide world. And yesterday, at 90, she died.
I'm told that it was a very peaceful passing. I know that she'd been failing in health quite quickly lately, and I was actually hoping to get a visit with her next week while I was to be in California. Instead, I'm heading back to Cali earlier to attend her funeral.
It makes me sad. She was such a fantastic lady. She was one of those people who delighted in others that could make them laugh. And I was just one of the lucky ones who could do that. She loved her family, and saw the good in every member of it. She rocked.
I'll be missing her, that's for sure.

No comments: