Wednesday, March 7

Sleep, beautiful sleep

ITEM!: I think I may get to sleep in my own bed tonight. Brian's feeling better, and hopefully that means he's less contagious. Also, I washed the sheets and pillowcases today, in hopes that I'd be able to sleep in a non-germy atmosphere tonight. Currently, Brian is napping on the sofa (he's feeling that much better), so my odds of sleeping in the bed tonight are excellent. This also will make my dogs incredibly happy. They don't like it when Mommy sleeps on the sofa; there's so little room for them, and it's uncomfortable for all of us to lay together. [Editor's note: This picture is not of my bed. Besides the perfection of it, I would never have an all-white bed with a child and two dogs in the house.]
ITEM!: I decided that I need to be more politically active. I watched the video making its way around the Internets today about Kony, the bad guy in Uganda, and was motivated to take part, and pledge my support for catching this guy. I got irritated that I spout off on the blog and everything, but beyond that, I'm no help, nor is my voice being heard. Since I won't be marching on Washington, or campaigning for office, or screaming from a rooftop, I can at least be a number on someone's Facebook page. I got busy, and liked all kinds of causes and organizations I believe in, including The Humane Society, GLAAD, Planned Parenthood and Barack Obama. This would have been done months and years ago, but my irritation over not being heard kept me from doing even the most basic kind of support for a cause or organization: signing my name to it.
ITEM!: There is nothing that can add fun to a diet more than a competition. A few of my girls and I are in a heated, and sometimes trash-talking, competition to see who can lose the most weight in the next seven weeks. I don't expect to win, though everyone's $10 would be a beautiful thing, but I am eager to see how I'll do. I've been good with my calories for the last couple days, and I've made my way to the gym two days in a row. My goal is 10 pounds. If I make that, it'll be all the reward I need.

No comments: