Thursday, March 29

Less is so much more

So, some pretty awesome things are happening to my body lately. It's shrinking.
And it's the good kind of shrinking, too. My pants are looser. And my shirts fit better.
This morning, I put on a sweatshirt that I haven't felt comfortable wearing in about three years.
You all know I've been struggling with my weight lately. I say "lately," but really, it's been about four years I've had issues. I lost all kinds of weight when I was stressed out about the baby. I regained some of that once we settled into a routine. Then, I had the Mirena installed, and my hormones went flippity-flip, and I gained 20 pounds in seven months. I had the Mirena removed, but the weight just stuck. Then, I just kept eating. Now, I lost 10 pounds in the three weeks after moving to Houston because of the stress. But in the last four weeks or so, I've lost an additional five pounds.
You know what works? Exercising and eating better. Well, not really "better," as in more nutritious, but better as in less. I've put myself on a calorie-limit diet, and it's working. Also, I'm in the midst of a bet with the girls, who have turned into a fantastic support staff for the exercising and eating less. We're having fun and cheering each other. It's great.
Also, great? Putting on jeans and having them be loose. Stepping on the scale and seeing a number I haven't seen in a few years. Feeling better because I'm feeling better.

No comments: