Monday, March 26

Cute! Happy! Bright! Flowery!

ITEM!: I've finished my awesome elephant planter! Sydney and I painted the flowers on Saturday, and I did the stems and clean-up work on Sunday. I'm pretty much in love with it, though I am not sure if I want it where I thought I wanted it. I walked around with the thing for a while today, and will probably do the same tomorrow, until I find the best place for it.
ITEM!: Daisy began her diet yesterday. She was, on March 25, a 28-pound Lhasa Apso. She's currently only getting 1.5 cups of her low-calorie food per day (.75 cups at morning and at night). Our goal is 20 to 21 pounds. The vet said it may take us a year to get her there, but with my diligence in this task, it should happen. I hate knowing she's hungry and not having food available for her to eat. It's upsetting me, as a mom. But, this is what's best for her, and I'll be strong for her.
ITEM!: I've finished the final book in my To-Be-Read Pile. A Discovery of Witches, written by Deborah Harkness, has intrigued me since it first came out in hardcover, but I waited for it in paperback before making the purchase. Blame the book for there being no blog post last night. I was up until 1:30 a.m. reading, and while it killed me to get up this morning, I felt better for having gotten sucked into a book. I miss reading. So. What do I do with no books to read? Buy more? I don't have any more Barnes & Noble gift cards. Also, no money. Boo. But since I rarely allow silly things like "no money" stop me from shopping, and more specifically, shopping for books, I shall come up with some kind of a solution to this odd predicament.

No comments: