Friday, March 16

Chock full o' ITEM!s

ITEM!: Brian and I bought some paint for my elephant planter today. I ended up using an entire can of spray paint, and will be needing some more, in the painting. But you know what happened as we were standing in The Home Depot debating about the paint colors I wanted for the elephant? Brian had a GREAT idea! He suggested that I just paint the elephant white, and then hand paint on some designs on it. So, here's the plan: white background, and painted green grass at the elephant's feet, and flower stencils going up its legs and truck. You probably can vaguely picture it, but I can totally see it, and it's gonna be awesome.
ITEM!: I'm pleased to note that Daisy is feeling better. Only the goddesses can tell me how I ended up with an overweight dog with back problems, but I did. She tweaks her back, and the little monster is out of commission for three to four days. It's awful, really, to hear her whimper as she moves (usually just the first day and night), comfort her squeals whenever she's picked up (only for bed at night), and saying no to her going downstairs with Oliver and I in the morning and at night (she's stuck with only going potty on the puppy pads). But it's been about four days now, and she's in much better form. She played with some toys this afternoon, and even hopped down, and back up, the stairs tonight. She hasn't jumped up onto my bed yet, though. I hope I can get her on the bed without making her moan about it (she slept on the floor last night, and neither one of us liked it).
ITEM!: Sydney has her first classmate's birthday party tomorrow afternoon. So, I get to meet new people. Honestly, I hate going to these parties. She's still too young for me to drop her off for the party, so I have to hang out. This is bothersome because I don't really like meeting new people with whom I have nothing immediately in common; I prefer to not spend Saturday afternoons at Chuck E. Cheese; and Brian's not going to go with me, so I'll be chillin' and stag for the two hours we'll be there. Upside: I might meet new people, and like them.
ITEM!: It's that time of year again: Attempting to wear a headband without getting a big, fat headache. I'm incredibly frustrated with my bangs and hair lately, as I've noted. So tonight, I thought to hold back my bangs with a headband, and try out that unfailingly uncomfortable piece. Happily, I've gone about three hours with it on and I don't want to throw it across the room. If this works out, I may have a new hair accessory to enjoy. If it holds back the bangs and tames the frizz away from my face, I shall enjoy it immensely.

No comments: