Sunday, March 11

Breaking fast at the "boat" club

I had brunch at my very first Yacht Club today. Honestly, it's exactly like a golf country club, except where there would be greens, fairways and golf carts, there are docks, waterways and boats. (They were nice enough, but nothing that I saw would roll well with the moniker, "yacht.") I had a delicious meal though. I love buffets because you can try a little bit of everything without committing to an order off a menu. Sydney and I ate ... wait for it ... a boatload of food. Surprisingly, my favorite dish was the spinach souffle. Also excellent were the grits (YES!), waffles, bacon, eggs, hash browns, and chocolate cake. So, too, was the glass of champagne I enjoyed. I stayed away from all the fishy things, since it was a breakfast meal for me, but we did try the prime rib, which was a bit overcooked.
All in all, I've discovered that a buffet such as this one is a bad thing for my calorie counting. I gave up counting today. To the point where I even drove through Starbucks and got a mocha for the drive home, because really, why not? What's another couple hundred calories at that point? (Tomorrow, I'm back on the wagon.) It's been a while since I've gone so crazy at a meal, and it was fantastic.

No comments: