Thursday, March 8

All dentistry, all the time

I do love me some home-done dentistry!
The benefit to having a dentist at home? Being able to say, "You know what? I think I've got a piece of popcorn stuck in my gum in the back. It's bugging me. Will you look?" Of course, then comes the search for the proper tools, i.e., a small flashlight, floss, the picky thing, and the little mirror. Then comes the sighing about, and resignation of, not having anything properly sterilized. Some soap and water later, and he's picked, flossed and peered at my tooth and gum. We didn't find the popcorn perpetrator, but did succeed in irritating my gum, and now I can't stop messing with it with my tongue. I'm sure tomorrow morning it will feel better, simply because I'm coming up on a few hours without bothering it. Not that it hurts. It's just irritated.
The one thing my dentist-husband will refuse to do? Floss my teeth for me regularly. I hate flossing, so just don't do it. Brian makes noise about that, but I say, "You want my teeth flossed? You do it." I mean, really, he did go to school to learn how to do that. So, flossing for maintenance is denied. But if I've got something in particular as a complaint, he's attentive to it.
What came of this though, is that Brian's going to get me an appointment at his office soon. He's never been too impressed with my dental care (even though my teeth are perfect), and is eager to get my teeth into someone else's hands.

No comments: