Saturday, February 11

This country was such a rebel

Brian and I are watching a History Channel series on the birth and life (so far) of the United States almost all day today. It's called The Story of Us, and it's pretty brilliantly done. We're into hour number eight, I think, and are moving into World War II. I love all this stuff. Especially cool for me is how much a part of awesome stuff the Irish were in American history. I can't remember any specific examples right now because it's very late, but they're there, in the series. You should watch it. While most of the stuff was learned (and somewhat forgotten) in a textbook years ago, so much of this is relatively new information, or actual new information, and it's fascinating to learn. I'm excited to get through the rest of it tomorrow.

No comments: