Saturday, February 4

OPTIMISM, because we SHOULD win!

I would tell you that I'm trying to not get too excited about the Super Bowl tomorrow, but that's crazy talk. Also, crazy talk is what I'll be spewing out tomorrow afternoon while my Patriots play the Giants in the big game. I'm too invested in this game. Could it be because I am still paralyzed by shock over losing to the fucking Giants four years ago, and thereby collapsing our perfect season? Oh, that could be it. Also, I really, really, really don't like Eli Manning. But more than that, I really, really, really, really want my Patriots to win tomorrow. I can't imagine that fate would be so cruel as to have us lose, again, to the same fucking team that dashed our hopes and dreams a mere four years ago. There's some bitterness there, certainly. It's probably a good thing that no one other than my husband and my kid and my dogs will be witness to the ball of stress and frustration I will be for those hours tomorrow. I sometimes consider just going to a movie and not watching the game, to find out the winner after it's done and all that's left is the celebration or mourning.
Still, I'll be watching, and coaching from my sofa. GO PATS!!

No comments: