Wednesday, January 25

Wednesday ITEM! list

ITEM!: For the first time in a long time, Brian and I watched all three movies that arrived from our Netflix queue: Cowboys & Aliens, The Debt and Moneyball. I'm further pleased to note that we liked each one of them. None were disappointing, and all kept our attention. None were cheesy, and all were deemed good choices by me, the Queue Controller. I don't know what will be sent to us next, but I hope they're good, too! [Editor's Note: I picked this particular Cowboys & Aliens post photo because of how AWESOME Daniel Craig's ass is in these chaps. No kidding, the price of admission for this movie is worth it because of the glancing views of him walking away from the camera. His butt is fan.tas.tic.]
ITEM!: I didn't blog last night because I was up late reading. I love it so much when "I was reading" is my excuse for anything. And this was the absolute truth: I was finishing up the Hunger Games trilogy. Those are some good books right there.
ITEM!: This morning's task was to register my car and get some Texas license plates. To do such a thing, I needed to go to the county tax assessor's building, of which there are about eight. The one I found was about 15 minutes away. The line was, when I entered it, about 20 people long. But guess what: You stand in line, and when you arrive at a window, the person at the window helps you with whatever you are there to handle. There's no checking in and being given an assigned number and bank of windows to wait on. There aren't any chairs either, but the line moved fast, and my paperwork was finished before I got there, so the visit was relatively painless. So, within 45 minutes, I entered the building and then exited the building with my license plates and registration sticker. Huzzah! Now, on to the driver's license! 
ITEM!: I'm excited to note that the next few days should be cool here in Houston. We had a ton of rain today, too, and the cooler weather will be welcome. I hate having to turn on my air conditioner. In January. To combat the humidity. Ugh.
ITEM!: I want to dig into my storage unit and bring up some additional decorative items. I don't know which boxes I want, and I don't know what I want within them. You know what I do know? That I don't want to have to bring them upstairs by myself. They're probably heavy.

No comments: