Monday, January 23

Return of the Cozy Chair!

And so it happened, that on Sunday morning, I decided that the time had come ... for Cozy Chair to come out of the storage and return to my bedroom. Therein it takes its rightful place in my heart, and under my bottom. I love that I was able to walk into my living room Sunday morning, tell Brian that I need his brute strength, and that he was up for it. There were steps, of course, to shifting my bedroom around for Cozy Chair: move my nightstand, move the bed, move Brian's nightstand, empty the armoire, move the armoire, fill the armoire, bring up Cozy Chair and ottoman, bring up Cozy Chair cushion and floor lamp, and finally, randomly shift around other things to appease my obsessiveness. After all that, wall hangings and artwork needed to be moved. Even now though, I'm on the hunt for a new floor lamp that matches my bedroom nightstand lamp (Ikea, here I come!!). But just you all know, I'm sitting in my Cozy Chair right now, and I'm watching TV, and it makes me happy.
You know what else makes me happy? The DVR in my bedroom right now. There is something to be said for a happy marriage meaning that there are two televisions that each spouse can call their own. And this is aimed more at me than Brian. I need my own TV. I need a viewing system that is mine, and mine alone. I need a DVR that I can program for all my own shows, that I don't have to wait until the next day to watch. I need freer access to my stories, and that isn't possible with a husband who watches television as much as I. This happy marriage requires two televisions and two DVRs. And as of this morning, it is complete.

No comments: