Wednesday, January 4

Not bones, but wanting a sandwich

It is pretty awesome how my dogs can wake up from a sound sleep and bolt out of the bedroom when they hear Brian in the kitchen. This morning, at about 4 a.m., they woke and moved at such an alarmingly fast and sudden rate that they even woke me. The jumped off the bed, and I quickly followed. They ran into the living room, and I followed. I was convinced that something crazy had just happened, when indeed, it was just Brian opening the refrigerator.
They just did it again. Sleeping on the bed, in a seemingly deep state of rest, and they heard something. Who knows what it was. Brian swears he was ninja-like stealthy. But they both sat bolt-upright and raced ... raced ... off the bed and into the other room. Honestly, it startles me every time they do this. Which makes me feel dumb for being startled.
Oh well, I guess that all comes with the territory when you've got a couple ravenously starving creatures with good hearing that also like to sleep on your bed.

No comments: