Sunday, January 8

Fish killer

Okay, so I got my e-mail notification of the blog posting this morning. Here's the thing: I hated it. The e-mail itself included the text of the post as well as the image. What it didn't do, that I had hoped for, was include the link to the blog post itself, sending you to the web page for the piece. I wanted the link, not the text.
Yes, I am that particular about the blog. Its Internet-ish integrity will not be messed with. You don't know it, but I have my own issues with some of Blogger's formatting, and I deal with them on my composing page. When the post is finished, it looks almost exactly as I want. And I will not have my fixes get all messed up in an e-mail. I simply will not have it. (So definitive about the most random things sometimes.)

Brian and I decided that we'd get Sydney a couple fish for her bedroom. His idea. My condition was that we get a real tank (not a large one, by any means) with a real filter system (so I can't be completely responsible for cleaning), with some rocks and decor for the inside (to help the fish be comfortable), and at least two or three fish (so if one dies -- which fish in my care tend to do -- we won't have any empty tank until replacements are bought). We haven't decided on when exactly we are going to do this, but I find myself thinking about it tonight, not coincidentally, after I chose this post's photo. I think I'd like to get her some clownfish, is what I mean.
So ... ... fish. You all know what a tangled web that is for me. I struggle with our decision, of course, but given the choice between fish, and the kitten that she "really really wants," I'd roll fish any day. Maybe Valentine's Day.

No comments: