Thursday, January 5

EXTRA! EXTRA! Kimmie's making dinner!!

One of my dear friends, Jeannine, made mention of a couple of her New Year's Resolutions on Facebook last week. One of them was to have five or six dinner meals that she can make, that are easy, and that the family likes, in regular rotation in her kitchen. (Jeannine and I have similar insecurities in the kitchen. I say "insecurities" in regards to myself, rather that "inferiorities," which is really my problem, but that sounds too mean.) Anyway, I decided, upon reading Jeannine's Resolution, that I, too, would have recipes and meals that I can cook, and cook well, for dinner. My goal, currently, is seven. I've done my experimenting so far this week, and am proud to say that I've made a couple yummy dinners so far.
Monday night: noodles and butter, with salt and pepper. This is one of my favorite entrees, but doesn't qualify as one of my Seven Meals. I just hadn't gotten to the grocery store.
Tuesday night: BRINNER -- Texas-shaped waffles, scrambled eggs and grapes. I used regular batter for the waffles, but would like to try other flavors.
Wednesday: I bought us some pizza to-go. I'm not Superwoman in the kitchen, you know.
Tonight: Mom's tuna casserole. It turned out quite good! Sydney didn't like it, of course, but Brian did, and I'm pleased to say that it tasted just like it did the last time Mom made it.
I have an idea for tomorrow night, and for a couple other nights, as well. Don't tell anyone, but I'm getting excited. I'm feeling adventurous, and successful in my quest so far. I almost can't wait to hit the store and create my dinner tomorrow. WEIRD!!

No comments: