Sunday, October 16

This book is really, really cold right now

Do you remember that Friends episode where Rachel and Joey exchange books, trading Little Women for The Shining? Remember how, when Joey gets scared of a portion of the book, he puts it in the freezer until he's ready to read through it? I think my fifth Dean Koontz's Frankenstein book is "in the freezer." I've had it sitting out on the sofa for about a week. Because of where the fourth book ended, right before the big, huge, and, I'm sure, bloody climactic fight, I'm more than a little nervous about how freaky the ending will be. I know it'll be awesome, but it probably also will freak me out. I know that the heroes will win, but my concern is how far Koontz will take it in their losing before the tables are turned against the bad guys. I had thought to devote today to reading the final book, and still plan to, but I'm still kinda skittish about digging in.

CAR NEWS: Also on my agenda for today, is to take my car out into the sunshine to inspect it again. Brian discovered last night that the rear window isn't tinted, and it should be. And the list for the body shop continues to grow...

No comments: