Saturday, October 1

On to Houston ... in five weeks

So, I've got some news on Houston. It looks as though we'll be heading out to Texas in early November! Our lease is up here on November 4, and the new bosses want Brian out there as soon as we can get there. So, when the lease is up, we're Texas bound. I've got quite a list now of tasks and projects to get figured out and completed. Number one, of course, is securing a place for us to live. I think I've found an apartment, and will request that Jon and Emily do a drive-by to check it out for me. Then, a moving estimate. Yikes. Then, wellness checks for everyone before we leave, giving me some time before I need to find new doctors for everyone. Then, calling and cutting off all our stuff. Then, changing the address on stuff. Then, packing. All these things don't need to be done immediately, except the housing situation, so I'm not terribly stressed out about my list quite yet.
So, Houston, here we come!
CAR NEWS: Brian, Sydney and I drove over to the body shop this afternoon to see if we could sneak a peek at my car. Of a bit concern is the fact that we were able to drive right into the collision center, and right up to the hospital bay where my car was resting, walk around the car for about 15 minutes, and then leave, without anyone asking us a single question or even noting our presence. But, the car is in good shape, though obviously has quite a bit of work to be done to it (as it should, since they said it wouldn't be done until Friday). As of now, the outer panels on the passenger doors are off, and waiting to be replaced. The back window is out. The trunk door is replaced, and in only primer. The rear bumper is off and gone. The rear driver-side quarter panel is in place, though held on with spot weldings, and also is in primer. Some places are pounded out, and still need to be smoothed out. Oh yeah, and the entire rear interior needs to be put back in. But, on the whole, it still looks a lot better than it did this time last week. I miss my car though, and I'm getting impatient with a capital "IM."

No comments: