Thursday, October 20

It's like ... a blanket

Sydney and I were up bright and early this morning to make our trek across the desert to the wondrously beautiful land of California. I didn't hit a stitch of traffic until I got to the junction of the 101 and the 405, and rarely went slower than 80 miles per hour. So, we made really good time, and were in the Valley well before my 3 p.m. haircut and color appointment. And good for Sydney, there is a fun toy store next to Malia's shop, so her pile of birthday goodness grew a little bit this afternoon.
The most awesome thing on my drive was cruising into Conejo Valley and seeing this huge wall of fog rising up and encroaching on the freeway and the cities in front of, and under, it. (See picture, left.) You just don't see weather like that a whole lot of places, you know? It's one of the things I love about Ventura County, in general, and Camarillo, specifically. The fog rocks.

No comments: