Tuesday, October 18

Dancing time for the awesome guy

So, I feel like the next couple weeks will be a quick (or not-so-quick) descent into madness. I'm starting to get pretty well freaked out about all the things I need to do, and get done, before November 3 and the move to Houston. I've a list that, even though it isn't a mile long, feels like it is. Also, I'm heading out of town for a few days. Going out to California for the weekend may not be the best thing for me schedule-wise, but it will do wonders for my mental, emotional and psychological well-being. The day after Sydney and I get back from Cali, my life of boxes will officially commence in earnest. Today, I stopped the service for both my cable and my electrical. Tomorrow, I've got a lovely list of people to call and things to check on.
CAR NEWS: I'm so sick of writing about this stuff. I'm sure you are sick of reading about it. But here's today's fiasco: The rear window, once they had it tinted, was discovered to be of an inferior glass grade. The window that was installed was after-market Chinese glass. Apparently, the glass needs to be American, else the tinting won't hold best, and the quality isn't as good. Everything else is fixed, it's just the glass thing. I explained to Garth that , sure, he could have the car for another day, but I had to have the car on Wednesday. I won't be driving anything but my car to California. I feel like I've exhibited an incredible level of patience here. And I don't normally do patience. (Brian once told me that I have patience for only two things: animals and jigsaw puzzles. Lately, that list has grown to include Sydney, but those three things are just about it for me.) There's no point in going on the warpath with Garth. This doesn't seem to be his fault, and he's the one that caught it and insisted the issue be rectified. Still, I'm over it. I want my car back.

No comments: