Thursday, September 29

To them, it is that easy

So, Bank of America has decided to start charging 5 dollars per month for using a debit card as a debit card. What the hell, Bank of America? We figure that, since we've got two debit cards, the bank will, of course, charge us twice for them. That's nifty. Ten dollars a month to make purchases and spend our own money. This, in addition to the other fees we're paying. Brian asked me if I wanted to change banks, and I considered it.
Ridiculous reasons why I wouldn't change banks over this:
1. Really, it's only 10 dollars a month. Not a big deal. But what pisses me off is that, if there's but 500,000 people in Phoenix that will pay that, Bank of America's sudden influx of cash is $5 million. And that 500,000 is way less people than they have in the area, which could triple and quadruple that money. And they complain about not making any money? Fucking parasites.
2. I've always been a customer of Bank of America, and I resist change.
3. I don't like Wells Fargo, though I have no reason not to. Is it the horses? The crazy, cowboy voice from the commercials? Or is it the orange. I don't know. I'm just not a fan.
4. We owe money to Bank of America. I have the chilling feeling that if we take our checking and savings away, they'll get bitchy and increase our interest rate to 45 percent or something.
5. But, we're moving to Texas, and in Texas, I suppose you go with the bank that has the horses, so, once we get there, a change actually may be in order. And then, I'll write a letter.

No comments: