Wednesday, September 21

So, this happened.

My car got all crunched up this morning as I was driving home after dropping Sydney off at school. The lady who hit me, Louann, wasn't paying attention, and smashed into my back corner, having barely had the time to touch her brakes. We figure she was going about 40 mph when she smacked into me. With the force of her hitting me, I moved into the right lane, bumping up against an Explorer. The driver of the Explorer saw the whole thing happen, and unfortunately, wasn't able to stop or maneuver out of the way. So, I got smashed, called 911, calmed down my mom (with whom I was on the phone when the accident happened), called Brian, freaked out quietly, and then, just hung out.
~ So, the car is now at the body shop. I should hear tomorrow whether it's totaled or fixable, and then how long until I get it back (or get a check).
~ I'm driving a Kia Soul, the car with the dancing hamsters in the commercial.
~ I have a bit of a sore neck, which I know will be worse tomorrow, but I don't think I was actually injured.
~ I am so glad, and have thought about it so much today, that Sydney wasn't in the car with me. The back window shattered, and the step stool was thrown from its place on the floor to being wedged between her seat and the seat in front of her.
~ All my "car stuff" is shoved into the trunk of Brian's car, and I need to sort through it to pull out all the necessaries for the Soul.
~ And I'm tired. I didn't think my day would be as troubling for me as it has been. And I'm looking forward to my mommy getting here tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

rosemary said...

I'm so glad you're OK, Kimmie!!!!
Love and hugs to you and Mom.