Friday, September 9

It's still just so ... sad

I'm sucked into my second show about the attacks on September 11. I'm watching 9/11: The Days After on The History Channel. It's a good one because it's using raw footage from amateur photographers, as well as no narration beyond what the photographers and the subjects are saying to the camera, in the background, or to others near them.
As Sunday marks the 10th anniversary of the attacks, the weekend will be filled with remembrances, specials and documentaries. It'll be an interesting couple days to be hanging out in front of the television. My heart still jumps when I see those towers fall, and my stomach lurches when I see the second plane fly into the tower. The entire thing is incredibly painful, and even though it'll break my heart every time I see it, I won't be able to not watch it.

No comments: