Friday, September 23

Hot coffee on a HOT day

Today is the first day of fall. To celebrate, I ordered a hot coffee drink at Starbucks this morning. It was surprisingly good on such a warm morning, so I am pleased with my decision. I'll admit to being happy for hot drink weather, but also will bemoan -- LOUDLY -- the fact that my hot drinks are twice as expensive as my cold drink. Damn. Still, it'll be warm for a while, meaning that the cold drinks still will be the choice for my morning stops at Starbucks.
Also, the high temperature tied a record for today in history: 108 degrees. This makes it decidedly less autumnal.
CAR NEWS: The insurance adjuster visited my car yesterday and wrote up most of the estimate. Yes, just most of it. You see, while Louann's description of the incident covered the damage to the rear of my car, her report didn't specify the damage to the passenger side of the car. So, he was going to call Louann again, and get her to specify the reason for the damage on the passenger doors. (This is an issue in my head, but my insurance agent tells me not to worry, and that their claim information covers the doors, and to not assume a problem before there is a problem.) So, the damage to the rear is an estimated $7,148. The doors, of course, will add to that. Also, the repair should only take two weeks to two-and-a-half weeks to complete. More importantly, they can begin the repairs to the rear of the car now, and just add the doors when they are added to the insurance estimate.

No comments: