Sunday, September 4

Frankenstein is my new hero

I usually don't go for the scary, mysterious, horror books. But Dean Koontz, well, he's had me since Intensity. I read Intensity several years ago, when I was working in Woodland Hills, after the recommendation of a coworker, who was already reading it at the time. Ever since (that's been about 11 or 12 years now), I pick up a Koontz novel here or there, and remember why I dig his brand of creepy.
A few months ago, while wandering through Barnes & Noble, I came across a shelf of Koontz books, displaying his Frankenstein series. I won't beat around the bush, I was incredibly intrigued. The first book, Frankenstein, Book One: Prodigal Son, has been in my "To-Be-Read Pile" ever since. I've been carrying it around quite a bit, too, as it is always in the "next-to-be-read" position. Yesterday, I dug in. Currently, I'm almost halfway through it, and it's creeping me out in a good way, and I'm digging it. If this ends the way I'd like it to, I can see Books 2 through 4 ending up in my book pile very soon.

No comments: