Monday, September 19

The Emmys!!

Okay, my Emmys thoughts in bullet points. I promise nothing deep and engaging, or even rational! But that's how you know it was a fun night, right?
* Who did Charlie Sheen, or someone else dependent on him, pay to get him on stage last night? That he was there was a shameless ploy for water-cooler talk, instead of paying tribute to television. It was painful to see him up there, being all contrite when he really wasn't, all for the hope that someone in the audience might give him a job.
* Jane Lynch was awesome! Though I enjoyed last year's opening monologue and musical number with * Jimmy Fallon much more, this was a good one. I think they dropped a ball not having any of the Glee kids in it though.
* Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel were freakin' funny! I loved the tussle!! Fantastic!! 
* I enjoyed the Entourage boys standing up on the stage together, too. Also, I like that Boardwalk Empire didn't win anything. That show, to me, looks like it was put on the network for no reason other than to win Emmys, and I like that it isn't. 
* Modern Family, right? That's such a good show, and the accolades are totally earned! I'm intrigued that they swept the awards, and that's great for this year, but I hope they give the other shows a chance next year!!
* The genre montages, I thought, were done quite well. But the singers, while very good, were a bit overkill during the memorial reel.
* All the actresses up for Best Actress in a Comedy Series getting up on stage was inspired! So great!! And that Melissa McCarthy won (more, I believe, for her Bridesmaids performance than for Mike and Molly) made it all better!
* Also, I guess I should have watched Friday Night Lights. The show, I have heard, is so good, and so well acted, that it's really a shame that I have no idea what everyone is so excited about.

No comments: