Wednesday, September 7

10 Things About Today

In no particular order, except numerical, of course.

1. I picked up the second Frankenstein book this afternoon. But since I can't go into a bookstore with my kid without also picking something up for my kid, she walked out lovingly clutching a new dinosaur encyclopedia. She refers to it, and all the other dinosaur encyclopedias, as a "field guide." She's happy, and armed with another 250 pages of dinosaur information.
2. I've become quite addicted to my iced venti unsweetened green tea in the morning after I drop Sydney at school. There's a Starbucks right around the corner, and I like stopping there. I had a yummy tea this morning.
3. Oliver and Daisy got their mid-summer haircuts this morning. They're nice and cool, as well as incredibly adorable. Daisy's lost one of her bows already, and Oliver's is barely hanging on atop his head.
4. Target's grocery aisle is fantabulous. My current obsession: red pepper hummus and pretzel chips. It's good stuff. Try it. Really.
5. I am disappointed that our cooling trend of highs in only the upper 90s for next week has devolved into lower 100s instead. I was looking forward to the cooler temperatures. Honestly, 95 is like, sweater weather.
6. I'm watching the last few episodes of last season's The Vampire Diaries tonight, since there's nothing else decent on television right now. I can not wait until this show is back in a couple weeks. It's so good.
7. Sydney is loving school this week, as it is the week of "D." D, as you know, is the first letter in the word "dinosaur." This fact features prominently in the week's activities in school, which makes her incredibly happy. Today, they made dinosaur footprints on paper out of paint.
8. I still haven't gotten my car washed. I had decided that I would do it today, but then changed my mind. The car remains dirty.
9. I'm lacking a delicious ice cream in the freezer. I've been good, you know, and haven't replaced my Americone Dream by Ben & Jerry's since I finished it a few weeks ago. I've still got a couple pints of different flavors in the freezer, but nothing that I am really enjoying. This is okay, per the diet, but not so much for my dreadful willpower.
10. I'm kinda bummed it took me so long to think of 10 things!!

No comments: