Wednesday, August 24

I wish it was that cool in here!

Oh my goodness, it is so hot in my apartment today.
Our air conditioner died at about 10:30 p.m. last night, making the evening among the most uncomfortable I have ever lived through in my existence. We sweat our way through the night, each of us in our own space. Sydney uncovered and sweaty in her bed; Brian uncovered and sweaty on the sofa; me uncovered and sweaty on my bed; and Oliver and Daisy sunny-side up and panting on my bed, too.
Sydney woke me up this morning with the heart-wrenching statement, "Mommy, I'm all sweaty. Can you make me cooler?" I wish I could have, but we all had to get our day going in, I'm not exaggerating but guessing, about 95-degree heat. It was cooler outside than inside this morning when I took Sydney to school.
Right now, Sydney's in school, Ollie and Daisy are at Katy's apartment, and Brian and I are heading out to get some groceries and wander through Target. The maintenance guy has been here already this morning, replaced the capacitor, and will be back with a new thermostat in an hour or so. Already, the a/c is blowing cooler. And with a new capacitor, we should have a more efficient machine working for us, which, hopefully, means less electric bill and more cool air.
Jeez, let's get this place to the approximate temperature of a meat locker, shall we?

No comments: