Tuesday, August 16

Bridesmaidenry ... a new word!

Today was a day about bridesmaidenry. Yes, I just created that word: brides-maiden-ry. I like it. I shall live with it in my vocabulary for the rest of my life. I picked up my dress; tried it on; worried over the two extra sizes' worth of fabric around my body; and finally, got it to the alterations lady so it can fit me in a few days. Also, I got some black patent leather shoes with peep toes for the day. They're comfortable, and have thick heels, so my falling shouldn't be too much of an issue. Sydney's hooked up for the day as well. And Mom will look pretty, too!
I should get my dress back on Friday morning, and I'm a bit concerned about how tight it will be. The tailor got a little pulling-and-pinning happy, so I'm nervous how well I'll be able to breathe in the dress. I need a black flower for my hair. It's all about the little things, oh yeah, and my dress!

No comments: