Wednesday, August 10

And the week begins .... NOW

I return from Brian's parent's house in good spirits, if a bit dogged by all the chores and responsibilities I have to finish before Sydney and I head off to California on Friday. I've got my third load of laundry in the dryer right now, and once it's done and hung up, all the clothes in the house (including that which we took to southern Arizona) will be clean.
That means that tomorrow, I can start folding and stacking clothes for our trip, and then later in the afternoon, I can start packing it up. It's been a while since I've had to pack for 10 days away from home, especially when three or four of those days are "event" days, so I anticipate some very full bags in the trunk of the car on Friday.
I've already done the make-up, jewelry and hair accessories. Tomorrow: clothes, shoes, toiletries, electronics. I'm exhausted already, and I haven't even packed all the stuff, done all our other chores for the day, and gotten our world organized.
All I'm missing is a couple hours' sleep and a seven-hour drive, and I'm good to go. Exhaustion should make for a lovely look at the high-school reunion.

1 comment:

rosemary said...

Hi Kimmie,
I found this great mascara-looking thing that I use a day or two before color day. If you're interested, let me know and I'll give you details. You just brush it on your hairline and any parts and it really gets you through. I'm so grey that little Whitney once looked at my hairline and said, in the Grocery Store, VERY loudly, "Look mommy, you have a halo."