Tuesday, June 14

Volcanic lightning is pretty awesome

You know when I said a few months ago that I didn't have the interest in reading my cheesy romances? Well, I've come across a new book series that has me all kinds of anxious to head off to Barnes & Noble tomorrow morning. It's the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, by J.R. Ward. It's about a league of warrior vampires, which, in just that phrase, should tell you why I was initially intrigued. Add to that the full-on romance portion of the books, and I am totally and completely hooked.
I've finished the first two books, and I'm jonesing for the third. I hopped on the B&N web site to see how many of the Brotherhood books there are out there, and was pleased, but slightly overwhelmed, to discover that there are NINE.
You know what? And you know you know. I'm totally going to read all nine of those books. And I'm going to end up buying all seven of the remaining books tomorrow (or as many as I can find), and digging into them as quickly as I can. I've got that weird twitch in my head right now where I can't think of anything but the cliffhanger in today's book, and it's urging me to just get up and drive over to the bookstore right now and get the next one. I've missed this feeling.

No comments: