Friday, June 17

"Stay cool, boy .... real cool"

I woke up this morning to the sounds of West Side Story. And I laid in bed listening to the last 10 minutes of West Side Story. The fun facts of this: 1.) That I can recognize West Side Story from nothing but a bit of dialog, some music and a name ("CHINO!!") 2.) That Brian watched the last 10 minutes of West Side Story. 3.) That I now crave the soundtrack to West Side Story, and have been singing "Someday" all day.
I thought about the first time I saw the ending of this movie, and about how Mom cried during the end. And then I thought about how cool it'll be to spend the weekend introducing Sydney to all these movies when she's older. And then how it'll bug her that Mom and I will sing along while the movie is playing.
"When you're a Jet,
you're a Jet all the way.
From your first cigarette,
to you last dying day."

No comments: