Tuesday, June 28

Been living in a book for a while ...

I guess, at this point, you could say that I'm on the road to recovery. My affliction? Reading addiction. (Sorry.) It's actually quite a nice illness to come down with, when all things are considered. But my mother told me this morning, "It's time to stop reading." I said, "It's never time to stop reading." And it's not. But I will go back to my normal reading patterns, which is to say, not reading a 500-page book per day for a week or two. I'm done with my Black Dagger Brotherhood books as of 30 minutes ago, and while I'm intrigued by the next installment, which is available on iBooks, I'll be taking a break and maybe moving on to some Agatha Christie. Of course, I say that, but tomorrow may just have me toodling around on the iBooks, getting the digital tome for my phone and iPad. (It's all good.)
But maybe not. I think it would be a good thing to not have a paperback attached to my hand for a couple days. I'll need something for Vegas this weekend, but maybe I'll just wait until Thursday night to figure that out.
Today was the last day of our aquarium memberships, so Sydney and I dragged Brian down to the place, in an effort to show off the jellyfish, seahorses, sharks and sting rays. The spider crabs were awesome, still, too. Then we had lunch with Katy and Lisa, and then we hit some of the shops nearby. I was in need of something for Saturday night this weekend, and after only five shops, too many dress attempts and one self-esteem spiral, I found the right dress, and the best cheap sunglasses, for the trip. Also, the second pair of shoes were in a close spot in the storage unit, so I was able to dig those out.
My farm has been harvested, planted, harvested and planted again today.
I need to do my nails and toes, and figure out all the clothes I need for the weekend. I'm so excited!

No comments: