Saturday, April 23

I haven't had a single Peep this year

Number of Easter eggs: 14.
Contents of Easter Bunny snack plate (per Sydney's specific direction): 10 carrots EXACTLY; half an apple SLICED; four chips in different sizes; graham crackers, because they are a plant and the Easter Bunny is a herbivore; a piece of Brian's German chocolate cake with a dinosaur fork; and milk in her favorite sippy. All on the dinosaur placemat.
Contents of Sydney's Easter basket: three books (two Dr. Seuss and one about dinosaur baseball); Ariel sparkling princess doll; Easter Bunny Pez dispenser and a package of refills; chocolate bunny; spinning Cinderella pool toy; Cars dive sticks for the pool; two Toy Story 3 toys; Hershey's kisses; Easter-shaped gummies; two ViewFinder reels; and Mega Blocks. ... ... I cut back, drastically, on the amount of candy in the basket because she went so crazy on a chocolate high last year. I've decided to treat the Easter basket like a mid-year Christmas stocking, and fill it up with goodies that she'd play with, rather than eat. And it's making me feel good. I love doing this stuff!!
Easter egg hiding places: I haven't hidden them yet, but I know that I'll have one on the staircase, in a plant, on a chair, in the easel tray, and elsewhere. I'm waiting for midnight before I hide them, because if Sydney gets up to pee, it'll be before then, and the chances of my being caught in the act are minimized.
Easter holiday activities (tentative): find eggs; eat breakfast; eat chocolate; go get lunch; see Rio; make some dinner; go to sleep. Of those activities, I am positive that only "find eggs" and "eat chocolate" will actually get done. That's the beauty of Easter!

No comments: