Friday, April 1

Digging for dinosaurs!!

I'm pretty surprised with how tired I've been over the last couple days. It gets to be about 9:30 p.m. or 10 p.m., and my eyelids are super heavy, and all I can think about is putting my head down and knocking out some sleep for a few hours. That's why, tonight, I've spent the evening downstairs, and once I'm done with this blog, I'll go straight upstairs and go to bed, without turning on the television.
My day though, was pretty awesome. Sydney and I went to the dinosaur museum (her choice), and spent some time in the place's Dino Dig. I'll admit to you that I've known about the Dino Dig for a few months, but ignored it, knowing that, once discovered, I would never get to visit the museum without spending an hour outside in the dirt. Sydney ended up following some kids outside, and found the Dig. I'm pleased to note that the "fossils" aren't covered in dirt or sand, but chopped up bits of recycled tire what isn't as gross as it sounds right there. There are a bunch of brushes for sifting through the ground cover to find the fossils, which consisted of a T-Rex skeleton, some dino nests and other preserved dinosaurs, animals and plants. It really is very cool, and I'm mad at myself for not letting her get into it before. She thoroughly enjoyed her day, and I'm very proud of my budding paleontologist. She rocks. And it's always a good day for me when it's a good day for her.

No comments: