Saturday, April 2

Big headphones for a big problem

I think we may have come across the one piece of equipment that will make our time spent in this apartment more pleasant. Is it something for the kitchen? For the bathroom? Someone to walk the dogs five times a day? No. In fact, today we bought wireless headphones for my television set-up in the bedroom.
In our new apartment, mine and Brian's bedroom is in a loft space. The living room is right below, and the television wall of the living room is the same as the half loft-wall in the bedroom, where my TV is located. The space between is nothing but a big, fat echo space where TV shows bounce around. When we're watching TV, both televisions are in a competing noise space. When my TV is on, the volume bugs Brian. He turns his up, which makes it hard for me to hear. I turn mine up. He then turns his up. And shortly thereafter, we have two TVs in the apartment that are way louder than either one of us wants.
Brian's first suggestion was wireless speakers that we could place next to me on the bed. Headphones were a second suggestion. At Best Buy, the wireless speakers were only available on a Bose system, which cost upwards of four figures. So, second suggestion was investigated. And we found some awesome headphones that are wireless, easy to use, and, as my head can attest at this very moment, comfortable. Sony wireless headphones rock right now. I love them.
And, like I said, they will make television viewing in my house so much more enjoyable over the next few months while we're camping in the apartment.

No comments: