Sunday, March 20

Mercury: first rock from the sun

Sunday nights at 11:00 p.m. always seem like such a ripe time frame for me. I know I should go to sleep, but I am so high on the promise of everything that I could possibly get done in the next week, that I'm too eager to make all my plans. And you all know me, I'm a plan maker. Tomorrow though, my current early-morning plan consists of little more than getting Sydney to school, and then "buying" myself a mocha with one of Brian's free-drink tickets. My house is in super good order, so far as packing goes, and I'm feeling scarily overconfident about my move next weekend. I think that it will go incredibly smoothly. Of course, this feeling is subject to change. Indeed, I feel like there are too many boxes around me right now. Honestly, they're everywhere. No corner unstacked, no free wall space un-leaned against.
Brian and I did something pretty cool yesterday though. We took Sydney for a walk around our college campus. It was neat to spend some time wandering the walkways, sidewalks and such, discussing what classes we had in which buildings (in a show of our age though, the conversation was more about knowing we had a class in that building, but no remembering which class it was. "I know I had a class there. Was it economics? No, some kind of English class, maybe"), and how different the campus looked than 15 years ago. We've agreed to take the walk again soon, but with Sydney and I in better shoes, and I'm looking forward to that. I'll be sure to bring my camera, too.
I'm actually in a pretty good frame of mind right now, one reason for which I haven't told you yet, but will tomorrow, when I'm more awake, and ready to type a bunch again.

No comments: