Thursday, March 10

It's not a cliche, my grass IS greener

The grass in our backyard is getting greener. You know, out here in the desert, it is permissible to completely ignore your lawn for the entire season of winter, and then, in the spring, start watering it again and expect it to get green. You'd probably laugh at the conceit of that, but it really works. My problem with winter watering is a simple one, I find it too cold to spend any time outside with water. So, I don't do it. In that, the grass doesn't get watered. It turns a lovely shade of beige.
But once the weather warms up a bit, and I can spend the time outside getting warm instead of freezing my butt off, I begin the practice of watering my lawn again. We've been watering for about two weeks, and I am excited to say that my grass already is greener. It's kind of blowing my mind how quickly and how well it's recovered from its winter.
I won't be posting any pictures of my lawn itself though, as it's still not green enough to really brag about, but it's getting there.

No comments: