Saturday, March 12

Changing time zones, literally

Don't forget that tonight is the night to move your clocks forward. SPRING AHEAD. Here in Arizona, we don't change our clocks. So, for half the year, only half the year, my time is the same as the glorious Pacific Time Zone.
Now, next time it's time to change the clocks, I will, indeed, be changing my clock. For at that time, I will be living in the Central Time Zone. And in Texas, the state changes its clocks for Daylight Savings Time. Central Time Zone is two hours ahead of California. Remember this.
I'm actually not sure right now what time it is in Houston. The Internets tell me that it's 12:07 a.m. But once I learn more about the time change, information which I already knew but forgot, I realize that the time change occurs at 2 a.m. So, yes, right now, Houston is one hour ahead, but in two hours, it'll be two hours ahead.
I appreciate you working that out with me.

No comments: