Wednesday, March 9

Bruschetta and books: a perfect Wednesday

I'm honestly kinda surprised that it's as late as it is right now. I don't know what I expected, but somehow, it's not 10:52 p.m. It's okay though, because Mom is coming out for a visit tomorrow. And for that, I will have to go through my list of tasks, "To Do Before Mom Comes Into My House." The list, of course, includes cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming the place, straightening up my boxes, and getting the car washed. But you know all this. We've discussed it before.
Anyway, all is well in my home. Boxes are being packed. Kid went to school today. Bear did not leave the bedroom.
Also, I took advantage of my free morning to check out the local Borders and its store-closing sale. I've got to tell you, there is nothing better for me than spending the morning wandering through the bookstore. And that the books were on crazy sale is just gravy. Sydney got hooked up, as you can imagine. I picked her up about five Dr. Seuss books, three dinosaur books, and a Toy Story book. (Wow. That's a lot of books for a kid who can't read them.) I took care of myself, too, of course, and came home with a nice stack of six books (three cheesy romances! Nice!!). I took my time going through the store, and loved every minute of it.
Also, we had some lunch at Sauce. They have a new caprese bruschetta that was DELICIOUS. I honestly can not wait to get that bruschetta again. I also had their pasta, sauce and a meatball. All for only $8. It was awesome. Also awesome, it was a meal with just Brian and I. I'm beginning to really love these Wednesdays with Brian not working. Our mornings together while Sydney's in school have really helped us remember how cool it was before the kiddo came along, and how we are still super cool friends.
Also, the Discovery space shuttle made its final landing today, after its last trip into space. From Florida, it now goes to the Smithsonian museum. Which is entirely cool.

No comments: