Thursday, January 27

Two down, eight to go

And here I am, getting hip-deep into awards season. And once again, I haven't seen more than one or two of the nominated movies. Of the Oscar-nominated Best Picture movies -- 127 Hours, Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Kid's Are Alright, The King's Speech, The Social Network, Toy Story 3, True Grit and Winter's Bone -- I've seen only Inception and Toy Story 3. It should say something, I think, that the only two movies I've seen are perhaps the year's most intellectually head-scratching, and the biggest tear-jerker. We actually have The Social Network here, but I have really no desire to see it. Nor do I wish to see The King's Speech or Winter's Bone. The others I could take or leave. Still, I like to know what all the fuss is about. I wish more of these were on DVD.

No comments: