Monday, January 31

Moving to Houston ... after a fashion

So, we had this great opportunity fall into our laps not too long ago. Brian's friend, Jon, whose dad is a prominent dentist in Houston, is looking for a dentist to staff a second, smaller, satellite office in Houston. The whole deal went down quite a bit more complex than that, but I give it to you all in a nutshell. This means, of course, that the family is moving to Houston this summer.
Our lease though, in the house we're in now, is up at the end of March. In a perfect world, our landlords would allow us a three-month extension on our lease. This is not a perfect world, so we do need to be out of the house by March 31. We've found a good apartment for the three months, plus month-to-month if we need it.
So, we're moving into an apartment in March, and then to Houston in June, July or August. Two moves in six months: crazy; but a great opportunity: priceless.
I'm getting super excited about our future though. The next six to eight months will be entertaining, active and ripe with, shall we say, dra-medy. I've got the mover who moved us into this house coming by on Thursday for an estimate to move into the apartment. Once in the apartment, I'll have a couple months to rest before I dive into the move to Houston.
If anything, a couple new locations will add some much-needed (in my opinion) spike to the blog content here. And Houston will be an incredible muse for my rantings, if you know what I mean.

No comments: