Monday, January 3

"Maybe you can hire ... The A-Team."

I have an unabashed love of The A-Team. The TV show is among my top favorites ever. And lately, over the last few days, I have fallen deeply in love with The A-Team movie. I'm currently watching it for the third time. I mean, the television show was just high jinks, campy, fun adventure. They always saved the day, protected the unprotected, and made it a little bit funny. They drove around Los Angeles all crazy and balls-to-the-wall, shooting up buildings, blowing up cars, and leaving the bad guys all bruised and battered, and conveniently, right where the police would find them with all the evidence needed to convict them (I assume). They created wicked awesome contraptions out of pipe, pressurized canisters and duct tape. It was brilliantly cheesy.
Now, to get The A-Team all awesome and sexy, it had to be made into a movie with Bradley Cooper. And the guys had to be more bad-ass. And sadly, well, they did have to be more violent and kinda brutal. But still funny. And when they got into fights, they had to look like they'd been in a fight. And when they got hurt, they had to bleed. Also, Bradley Cooper. But this is exactly the kind of movie I would love: explosions, guns, giggles, hot guys, sexy flirting, adventure and action.
Combine that with a premise that I already thoroughly enjoy, and the pieces come to mix in the perfect kind of movie for me. A perfect storm of entertainment, if you will.

No comments: